Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Emenike: Yekini’s shoes are still too big for me to fill

The Fenerbahce striker says that it is way too early to compare him to the late Rashidi Yekini in scoring for the Eagles.

Emmanuel Emenike has lately been compared to Nigeria's legendary striker, Rashidi Yekini, by scoring vital goals for the Super Eagles but the Fenerbahce striker says it is too soon.


Yekini is the all-time national team record scorer with 37 goals in 58 games in a 14-year stint with the national team while the 26-year-old Emenike has scored four goals in his last four games for the Super Eagles and nine goals in 18 games since he broke into the national team in 2011.

“Rashidi Yekini's shoes are still too big for me to wear. I am only trying to do what I know is best for my fatherland and I have not done anything yet,” he told fifa.com.

“I still have a lot to do to get to the heights reached by such a legend,” he added.

Emenike will try to add to his nine goals this weekend in Calabar as the Super Eagles hope to boot their ticket to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment