Sunday, August 4, 2013

Oboabona denies Arsenal snub

Sunshine Stars defender Godfrey Oboabona has denied claims that he rejected a trial with Arsenal and criticised their manager, Arsene Wenger.

The 22-year-old was reported to have been insulted by the Gunners request for him to attend a trial, but the Nigeria international has now rubbished those claims and insists there has been no contact between himself and the Premier League club.

The Africa Cup of Nations-winning centre-back says he hopes to one day ply his trade in one of Europe's top leagues, but for now is focused on his role with the 'Agagu Boys'.


"I have had so many text messages, phone calls about it - the rumour that I was invited on trial was not true - I only read about it like everyone else", he told the BBC.

"I've always said I will take my time, focus on my development as a player and continue to give my best in every game.

"At the appropriate time, when clubs must have seen me well enough, they will hopefully approach Sunshine Stars in Nigeria.
"My desire is to grow every day, sadly all the things written about Arsenal did not come from me."

No comments:

Post a Comment