Friday, August 2, 2013

How Notrious Inter-State Armed Robber Abiodun Egunjobi AKA Abe Godogodo Was Finally Nabbed


A most wanted armed robbery leader, Abiodun Ogunjobi, aka Abbey Godogodo, who has been terrorising the South-West of Nigeria for years, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command.

Why I deal  with Nigerian Policemen mercilessly

Godogodo said: 
"[When I was young] I was charged for fighting; I spent about seven years in prison. My prolonged stay in prison for minor crime of fighting hardened me and I vowed to pay back the police for that injustice. After I was released, I went to Katangowa in Iyana-Ipaja area of Lagos to meet my friend, Odun.
“I started robbery in 1996 but in 1999... 
"Odun was an armed robber, so, we started operating together. We worked with several gangs and I invested lots of my money in arms buying. I also built five houses in Ifo, Ilaro, Ikorodu and Ibadan. I usually kill policemen and take their rifles because policemen have killed several of my boys and taken most of my rifles from them.




“I have no regrets for all I have done. I have no advice for young people, who want to become armed robbers like me. I have three children from three women. The police should take all my properties.”

A notorious armed robbery suspect terrorising the South- West, Abiodun Egunjobi, alias Abe Godogodo, was yesterday arrested by the police.

Egunjobi was said to have been on the police wanted list for over a decade before he was finally arrested at his hideout in Ibadan by operatives of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS).

The suspect, who was accused to have killed many policemen and civilians in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo states, was arrested after 12 years of eluding arrest. Confirming the arrest, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, said the suspect had disappeared off radar as far back as 1999, although he was successfully carrying out armed robbery operations.

He said: “I have been told that this notorious armed robber called Abe Godogodo had been very elusive for the last 12 years and we have been looking for him since 1999.

“He has been the ring leader in most of the armed robbery operations that took place in the South-West and he led the armed robbers who came for the Lagos massive robbery attacks in September 2012.

“The suspect is also responsible for almost all the robbery incidents at Ajah area of Lagos.

He was the leader of the group that went to Hotel O4 where the proprietor and five other members of staff were killed simply because the police arrested one of his gang members in the hotel.

“The suspect also led his gang in the last attack of a warehouse at Ajao Estate, where an anti riot policeman attached to mobile-police unit 20, Ikeja, was killed on July 14, and many cartoons of expensive phones were removed.

“In that encounter, three of his accomplices were killed, but he escaped. We discovered that he was their leader during their operations because we saw him in the CCTV postage where he was giving directives.”

Manko said the police, having decided to put an end to the impunity, mounted surveillance on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment