Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Emenike to make Super Eagles return in September

Super Eagles striker,Emmanuel Emenike is once again fit and is hoping to make a comeback to the national team for the Brazil 2014 World Cup qualifiers in September.

Emenike,has been away from the Super Eagles,since the Nations Cup win in February,where he sustained an injury and suffered another one,when he made a return for his club,Spartak Moscow in April.
The striker who bagged four goals for Nigeria,at the Nations Cup in South Africa said that he hopes to be back playing for Nigeria in September against Malawi.

“I suffered that terrible injury while my confidence was high and luckily I have returned to training after six weeks out,” Emenike told BBC Sport.

“I am not at 100 per cent yet, I still need match rhythm with my club and get back to rewarding them for the support, and honour our loyal fans and everyone who stood by me,” he said.


“After five very difficult months, I also hope to play for my country again in September,” he added.
Emenike established himself as Nigeria’s main striker at the Nations Cup,which made his absence felt during the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup,where Nigeria struggled for goals,especially in their last two group games against Uruguay and Spain.

“I’m only one striker amongst many and in my absence we have great qualities in Brown Ideye, Ikechukwu Uche, Michael Eneramo, Anthony Ujah, Joseph Akpala and others.” Emenike noted.
“At the moment we have capable strikers in the squad and it is very important this team and fans come together because these players represent our country.”

Emenike further added that he has sorted out his differences with the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) and also Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi after he initially said that he was abandoned.
“I felt a bit bad back then, but all that is behind me now because everyone must have learned greatly from that situation,” Emenike said on Saturday.

“I was not happy and when I am not happy, I do not have the power to hide my deep disappointments and feelings.”

“When I finally spoke with the coach [twice], and the NFF president, everything was discussed and sorted. It was a great step forward.”

No comments:

Post a Comment