Saturday, October 19, 2013

Januzaj signs new United contract

The 18-year-old Belgium-born winger made his competitive first-team debut as a substitute in this season’s Community Shield at Wembley. In his first Barclays Premier League start, he scored both United's goals in a 2-1 win at Sunderland before the recent international break.


David Moyes said: "I'm delighted that Adnan has committed his future to United. He is an outstanding talent and has impressed me consistently since I came to United in July. His balance, poise and ability to beat players is truly exceptional for a boy of his age. It’s great that he recognises that this club, with its tradition for developing young players and giving them a chance on the biggest stage, is the best place for him to be."

Adnan Januzaj said: "It’s a great thrill to be able to sign for Manchester United. Since arriving here I have always felt like this was the right club for me. This season has been great for me – going on the pre season tour, making my debut in the Community Shield win at Wembley and then breaking into the team at Sunderland – it’s like a dream. I want to work hard now and establish myself as a Manchester United player."

No comments:

Post a Comment